Monday, October 18, 2010

What did we do?

For some reason,  I think Joe is angry with the Colorado Cross Community.  Not sure why else he'd design a course that was guaranteed to kill off at least half of each field from cardiac arrest.   Actually,  the Aspen Lodge course turned out to be a lot of fun to race on.  Warming up,  I was hating it.  thought it was too rough,  too hard,  no flow.  Strangely,  once the whistle went off,  it was insanely hard physically,  but a LOT of fun to ride.  a real bike-handlers course.   Well,  except for that little section up by the highway.

In spite of crashing twice,  and loosing MANY palces in the last 2 laps after blowing up trying to regain positions lost from taking a break & lying down for a little nap during the race,  had a good time.  Was holding on to my goal of a top 20 for a LOT longer than I thought I could on a course with that much aerobic bite.   Being smooth & rolling the twisty tech parts made up for a lot of my power deficit,  at least into the last couple of laps.  Ended up 31st,  WAY out of the points.  OH well.   Xilinx should treat me better.

So,  due to the ungodly early hour for the Beer-Drinking-Dads-League start,  have no video for that this week.  I do have some fun stuff on the seat-cam,  but sadly,  my Mac died,  taking all the video editing software with it for the moment,  so what I have is too big to upload for now.  Hope to get that issue resolved in the next few days.  From the people waving at the camera,  the "Hi Mom" looks,  and the comments,  I know you all would like to see it.

For now,  the 35+ and 45+ stuff,  courtesy of L. Robinson.

Aspen Lodge CX - SM35+ Open - Start from Dale Riley on Vimeo.


Aspen Lodge CX - SM35+ Open - Lap 1 from Dale Riley on Vimeo.


Aspen Lodge CX - SM45+ Open - Start from Dale Riley on Vimeo.


Aspen Lodge CX - SM45+ Mid Lap 1 from Dale Riley on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment