Wednesday, July 28, 2010

High Plains Drifter


Saturday is the day.  Time to travel the high,  desolate,  wind swept plains of Wyoming. The Laramie Enduro is upon me.

Am I ready?  As much as I am.
Am I excited?   Not terrified.......
Am I going to be happy it's done?  Yes.

The goal?
                      1 -   Finish
                      2 -  The Stretch goal:   Finish with a HINT of dignity still intact(No blubbering,  drooling, etc.)

I'm sure at some point,  I'll think of my hero,  Bike Snob NYC,  as I traverse the empty plains in a complete,  woeful haze,  and hear his words....    "The only sound you hear is the convulsive sobs of your dignity leaving you"

Pray for me.

1 comment:

  1. Aren't you supposed to be training for cross? WTF? What's with this Endurance stuff making you slow. Going off the back of the Friday ride like a cup cake. Good luck Saturday, dream of those muddy cross races!

    ReplyDelete